240ml warm water
7g (1 pack) fast acting dried yeast
» Optional: 7g honey/ sugar
2 large eggs
30g melted butter
40g milld chia seeds
OR 10g psyllium husks
OR 40g oat fibre
70g milled golden linseed (can be swapped for ground almonds or other milled seeds)
190g vital wheat gluten
1/2 tsp xanthan gum
1) Boil the kettle and pour the water (at least 240ml) into a glass dish /jug, Add a dash of cold water, then place the thermometer in the dish. Continue to add cold water until the temperature reaches 55°C.
2) Weigh out 240g of this water into a bowl.
3) Add to this the honey / sugar if you're using it, yeast and mix well. Set aside for a few minutes (if using honey or sugar, watch it froth!).
4) In a bowl mix all of the dry ingredients together.
5) In another bowl, whisk the eggs until frothy and then add the melted (but cooled) butter.
6) Add the yeast mixture and mix.
7) Now add all of the dry ingredients.
8) If using a food mixer, mix it with the standard hook, then switch to the dough hook and mix for 7 minutes.
9) If mixing by hand, thoroughly kneed the dough for 5-7 minutes before moving on to the next stage. This dough is super gooey!
Using wet hands and a wet surface will help you handle the dough. This mix will make a very big loaf so if you only have a standard loaf tin, split the mix into two. Place the mix in a lined tin.
Allow to prove in a warm oven at 50°C for 60-75 mins, Take the loaf out of the oven whilst you're waiting for it to reach 190°C, then bake for 25-30 mins. For an extra crunchy crust, remove from the tin and bake for a further 10 minutes.